Friday, October 1, 2010

The truth of the matter...

The truth of the matter is I want to say something so profound that people remember my words for generations to come. The truth of the matter is that I have tried and failed to do so in a blog once before. The truth of the matter is that I'm going to try again. The truth of the matter is most days I don't think that my words carry much weight. The truth of the matter is that most days I allow my ego to do the heavy lifting. The truth of the matter is I want to create something pure and relevant. The truth of the matter is that this blog is not planned and will be based on trial and error. The truth of the matter is that I suck at grammar. The truth of the matter is I'm trying to get better. The truth of the matter is that even though I may want these words to stick and to shift the atmosphere I have no idea whose eyes and ears they will fall on. The truth of the matter is that even though I've started this blog with good intentions some days I will forget what they are. The truth of the matter is that I am human, I am learning, and I am trying. Andrew Keen writes in his book The Cult of the Amateur "Today, on a Web where everyone has an equal voice, the words of the wise man count for no more than the mutterings of a fool" (Keen 30). The truth of the matter is I hope that I don't fall into the category of the fool...
Peace and Light

Source:
Keen, Andrew. The Cult of the Amateur. New York: Doubleday, 2007. 30. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment