Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sol n' Soul


I'm sitting on my balcony staring off into the distance lost in the beautiful view of the mountains while my minds eye wanders; roaming and pondering and turning over my choice of title for this blog. I've always had the tendency to over think things. I believe that everything has meaning of some sort; from the wind blowing through the trees, to my choice of underwear. There is nothing untouched in my mind by the creator. So my obsession has extended to the title of my blog. Sol in Spanish means sun. My nickname is Sunshine, my star sign is the Sun. The sun has always been a piece of my life and personality from days after my birth when my parents discovered they hated the sound of what they had named me :-). I love the sound of sol, the feel of sol, the heat of sol, the love of sol. Sol for me is a place from where I draw energy. It also happens to sound the same as one of my favorite words in the English language, Soul. Soul for me doesn't simply have religious and spiritual connotations. Soul is a way of living. Everything that a soulful person touches is given a new burst of life, feeling and emotion. Soul is embedded in the way you speak, how you walk, in how you listen, and what you choose to learn. It's who you are. Soul is so essential to all of our lives that we often forget that it isn't simply a genre of music, or something that a religion can save. For this blog, I hope that Sol will be a light for you, and will give you a spark of anything to make you feel; and I pray that a little of my Soul makes you fall in love with living all over again.

Peace and Light

1 comment:

  1. Soooo...I love this post. Then again I love a lot of your posts on this blog.
    This one however speaks to me like no other. I, fortunately, was born under the Gemini sign-and therefore my subsequent planet is Mercury. All that being said, I have a relationship with the sun like no other. I am in love with it/he/she. I have been so ever since I can remember. It could be because, the sun rises and sets at the exact same time everyday of the year at home. It could because my Christmas (a holiday that might be the most well known holiday in the world) is usually a stunningly beautiful sunny day with cloudless skies, making it that much more exquisite! It could be because, my brown skin is said to be "kissed by the sun" by Indie Arie in her song "Brown Skin". It could be that I would rather die of heat than cold and that my apartment's thermostat is usually at 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
    I could come up with more reasonable possibilities to why I have this passion for the sun but I wouldn't like to bore you. If you will, I wouldn't like to dash the sun from your eyes. (heheheh)
    I believe as human beings, as dangerous as the sun is to our life. We are also severely dependent on it/he/she for life. And that reminds me of a lover, or at least how lovers have been described in books and movies. 'They will be the end of us but they will also make us better people'. After all, we love our lovers with our heart and 'sol/soul'.
    So, I guess to end my rambles, I would like to say that you have ignited my love for 'sol','soul' and for the living again. And most importantly for the sun my undying lover. There is no better way to live!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete